Your opinions on 20-inch iMac

Reaction score
I've just ordered a 20" iMac and can't wait for it to arrive!

The only downside is I have to sell my Macbook to pay for it.:(

Reaction score
Un-freaking-believable!!!!

I ordered my refurbished 20" iMac on Sunday and it arrived today - a full 3 days earlier than was expected.

Not only that Apple but have upgraded the RAM from 512mb to 1GB free of charge.

The manuals, cables and discs etc are all brand new.

I love Apple! :mac:

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
Hey, you look just like Val Kilmer...

Mine should be here, like, any day now. The waiting's the hardest bit...

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
Well, it turned up today and I'm aas impressed with this as I was with my mini 18 months ago. Amazing. I used Migration Assistant without any problems, but didn't transfer the Apps -- I downloaded those separately and re-installed Office.

We've spent a while fooling around with PhotoBooth. And, man alive, have we had some fun with Comic Life!

What a machine. Love it.

Reaction score
OK, I've placed my order!

Why do I always feel so guilty when I buy Big Stuff?

I blame my mother.

That comes from a childhood where your mother was always laying a guilt trip on you....a universal experience...(G)

Your gona love it... I bought a 20" iMac for the wife over a year ago and she fell in love with it. I tried to give her my Power Mac G5 when i bought the new intel Mac Pro and she wouldn't take it..." I want my iMac" she said...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Love my 20" C2D iMac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac C2D 2.33 Ghz 2gigs ram, emac g4 1Ghz 1gig ram, Macbook Pro 17 inch 2.33Ghz 3gigs of ram
i love my 20 inch its the perfect size for what i do with it, but im planning on getting a mac pro when they next revise it. But i would still use my imac for the internet and for normal school things.

Reaction score
I have been a PC user for 20 years, and just last week my wifes best friend bought me a 20' imac for helping her out with a lot of stuff. I can not believe I have waited this long. best machine I have ever had, I use to build my own my last one had a rack system in it and I had about ten different OS's in it. I put that in my wifes office and I never use it unless I have to fix it for her. The Mac is great. I just love it. I will never go back to a PC again. I can not wait to get a Mac laptop for now I will use my PCLinuxOS one.

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I read all the linked post and was totaly sound interested and amazed about the iMac 20" comments by all of you:headphone

I've am using imac flat panel 17" right now, but it seem that it walking to the dying edge.. cant log in to OSX at all....I may have to reformat everything again, which I had formated few times on this machine.....

I was thinking of buying a Mac or maybe a PC (well, i swear i heart, I really like mac rather than a "PC") but why I would consider pc, because currently I am playing a online game which only can be play in XP and not for OS!:radioacti

My concern is, iMac 20" with duo processor right for OS and XP... can it work just smoothly when switch to xp plaform and log in to the net download this game and play?? Or I've to spend more $ to buy iMac 20" and a "PC"!!!!! :( not have so much budget.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
I have a 24" iMac and love it.
I used PCs for almost 20 years and switched to Mac 2 months ago. Not regretting it in the least. Keep in mind there is a learning curve which takes a little bit of time but it is a gentle curve.
The best piece of advice I got from this forum is. "Remember, it isn't XP!"
:)
Enjoy,
Mikeylee

And thank god its not Vista!

Chris

Reaction score
I love my 20" iMac, moved from XP platform last year and do not regret it at all. Best computer I've ever owned.

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
You know what, I've had this thing a couple of weeks now and I seem to get more little problems than I ever did on my PPC Mac mini. For example: this evening stickies refused to open. The little icon bounced and bounced, but it wouldn't open. Then Mail wouldn't open. Same symptoms. I've had to reboot the thing several times just to get little things to work. It really is rather annoying to have to close all my open apps and reboot just to get some mail.

Reaction score
I Love mine and have had not a single problem. One thing I would like to know if anyone knows how do I add divider lines in the Dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Hey Alexis all Adobe CS3 for mac universal starts shipping in April. I'm definatly buying it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i like my iMac 20" inch for the mostly reliable system that it is. it seems to forget the internet every once in a while, which i can't quite figure out why. (the laptop running Vista seems to find it fine..........go figure) usually i just restart and it's fine again, but it is rather annoying.

Reaction score
Before I bought my iMac 20" inch last week, I always worked on a Notebook Display with the resolution of 1024x768 and 15" and Windows XP.

And now...a wonderful, big sized display and a perfect resolution of 1680x1050 - it's wonderful to work on it!

In my opinion, the 24" inch is too big if qou sit very near to the display. In this way must always turn your head to oversee the whole display, but the size of the 20" inch is perfect!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.