FTP program that can do mutilpe connections?

Reaction score
I need to fins a Mac FTP program that can open multiple uploads to an FTP site.

I'm a voiceover guy. You know that voice that tells you what's coming up on the news at 5, 6 and 11..well I'm one of those guys.

I'm in the midst of a transition from windows to Mac. I haven't switched my audio work station over to the new Mac Pro because right now all my TV clients are in ratings. I'll make the switch over to digi once ratings are over and I've learned the new software.

But the first thing I need to secure is an FTP program that can do multiple uploads at once. My ftp requires individual login for each account so it means opening a new upload.

Are there any Mac ftp programs that can do this? I've looked at Transit, Cyberduck and FileZollia and none of them can.

I need the ability to multiple uploads.

I record the audio to one track and then separate the various stations material into files for upload. I then currently go into my FTP program (windows XP) and upload multiple files to various user accounts at one time.

Can any Mac Ftp program do this?

Thanks in advance for your help. This is really an important part of my workflow that I did not research first. I do need the multiple upload feature for on time delivery.

Jeff

Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean? I use Cyberduck and can upload multiple files at the same time.

If you're meaning can you upload to more than one FTP at the same time then yes, this is also possible. When you have the Cyberduck application open, ctrl and click on your Cyberduck icon on the dock and click New Broswer. You can then connect to another FTP in another window and upload files to a different FTP.

Hope this helps.

OP
V
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean? I use Cyberduck and can upload multiple files at the same time.

If you're meaning can you upload to more than one FTP at the same time then yes, this is also possible. When you have the Cyberduck application open, ctrl and click on your Cyberduck icon on the dock and click New Broswer. You can then connect to another FTP in another window and upload files to a different FTP.

Hope this helps.

Liam, Yes that does help. Thats exactly my problem. My ftp requires a separate login for each of the user accounts. I can't log into the root directory and just move files to all the different user folders.

So I need that multiple connection feature. I'll give it a go today.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah Transmit does that also, just create a new tab in Transmit and you are good to go.. I do it all the time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.