Missing Hard Drive Space

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook w/ 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo 512MB memory & SuperDrive
When I bought my MacBook I had an 80GB HD. I installed Bootcamp and then back around Christmas I decided to get rid of BootCamp and made a mistake of deleting BootCamp before I removed the Windows partition. Anyway I was able to remove the partition but I just noticed that I don't have an 80GB drive any more. It is only showing up as a 55GB drive.

Does anyone know where the remaining 25Gigs went?
And how do I get it back?

Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I don't suppose that 25G was the size of the now removed Windows partition was it? It may be that you removed the partition, but the existing Mac OS X partition is still the same size it always was. Removing a partition doesn't automatically return the space to the other partitions. That has to be done manually I'm afraid, and I *think*, for Macs, that involves a full re-install of Mac OS X, since in essense you need to reformat your hard drive.

Does anyone know of Mac OS X tools that will do a resize of an existing HFS+ partition "in situ", without disturbing the current contents? I am not aware of one, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
You could try downloading the Boot Camp software from Apple again and see if it gives you the option to return it to a single partition... Might work.

Reaction score
ipartition is "supposed" to do that but I have mixed feelings about using it.
And it's not free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.