Wallstreet, HD wont spin up.

C

clancy03wiggum

Hey everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about why my computers HD isnt spinning up. I just replaced the logic board with a brand new one. Originaly the logic board was bad and the computer wouldnt spin up, but now the comp starts and i get the power on noise, and then nothing happens. So after that the computer just continualy tries starting up. The light goes on every 30 seconds like its trying to power up. Then after like 10 mins it gives up. Ive tried everything from unplugging power and leave it sitting there for a while but still nothing. Anyone have any clue or could lead me to some help. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
OP
C

clancy03wiggum

i hope not

i just put 75 dollars into this computer there is no reason the HD should be bad in the first place. im thinking maybe a short circuit. thanks for the reply

OP
S

StarManta

clancy03wiggum said:
i just put 75 dollars into this computer there is no reason the HD should be bad in the first place. im thinking maybe a short circuit. thanks for the reply

There are often no reasons when a hard drive fails. (I hope you're not trying to say that putting $75 into a computer should make the hard drive not fail.... which was the impression I got.)

OP
C

clancy03wiggum

im sorry if thats what you read from it, but what i meant to say through implication, is that theres is no reason that the hd should be bad if it was working before.

OP
S

StarManta

OK, that's what I thought you meant.

Like I said, there's rarely a sensible reason when drives fail.

OP
C

clancy03wiggum

well i knew that but i just was trying to be short and to the point, normaly hd fail cause of bad sectors, but thats on a microscopic level

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.