iTunes Audiobooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPod 4th and 5th Gen
Got my first mac about a month ago and simply love the mac experience. I also got a 80GB ipod and wanted to transfer all my audiobooks from my macbook pro (mp3 files) into the "Audiobooks" section of the ipod. When I sync the ipod to itunes it automatically puts all the audiobooks into the music library and not Audiobooks. Is there a setting that i need to change so that the ipod recongnizes the audiobooks for what they are and not music. I changed the genre info for all the audiobooks to "Audiobooks" but it didnt do the trick. Any suggestions?

-GoMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
There are other things that need to be done for it to be recognized as an audiobook. You can try this script for itunes.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPod 4th and 5th Gen
Thanks. Great link. Certainly broadens the possibilities for a better iTunes experience.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Here's a couple of links - one of them is a walk thru using Doug's Apple scripts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.