Airports / X-Rays

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Safe to put a 5thG Ipod video through the airport x-ray machines without 'hurting' the hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
I believe you should be fine. I just took a few flights in the past few months and my powerbook and ipod (both a 5th gen and a 2nd gen nano) made it through with no problems.

Also successfully passing through the xray machine were my digital camera, phone and Palm t|x.

So... You should be safe.

On a side note... security is able to do what they want with your luggage and carry ons... guard that stuff and make sure if you pack a notebook to pack it well... on one flight 2 months ago I was forced to check a carry on bag while boarding the plane... it was literally thrown onto a rack and wheeled away! Thankfully my laptop backpack was ok to still take on the plane... This was all domestic flights in the USA... So I am not sure how they handle these things in Europe...

(The kid who had a duffel bag full of cash though was not very happy he had to check his bag. I watched him frantically stuff THOUSANDS of dollars into his coat pockets that he unraveled from a bunch of socks he had stuffed in his bag! I couldn't believe it! It was more cash than I had ever seen in socks... stuffed in a duffel bag... must have been $10,000+)

OP
D

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Cheers, have put laptops through those machines before with no trouble, so assumed it would be ok for an ipod but just thought id ask anyways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I fly a LOT with my job, and I am NEVER without my 5G 30 GB iPod. I have never had any issues with this at all. Go ahead, it is safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.