Idiots Guide to Onyx?

Reaction score
I haven't Downloaded onyx yet because I don't know what to do once I have it. I have a macbook. If anyone can list the steps that I need to follow to properly use onyx I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's all really self explanatory once you open it up... Onyx can clean the system , change certain hard-to-find parameters such as "Show Hidden Files/folders" You can set it to run maintenance scripts, delete cache files, etc... You get to choose what you would like it to do or not do.

More screenshots from the developers website: (CLICK!)
onyx.jpg

Reaction score
"Ride" is right, just read each of the check boxes carefully, Onyx can be quite aggressive deleting things. It assumes that caches and history files are evil, you may actually like having some of them around. My point is that unless your Mac is acting badly, there is no reason to hose down the system. Cache files are there for a reason, they can go bad, but they are mostly quite useful.

Reaction score
It's all really self explanatory once you open it up... Onyx can clean the system , change certain hard-to-find parameters such as "Show Hidden Files/folders" You can set it to run maintenance scripts, delete cache files, etc... You get to choose what you would like it to do or not do.

More screenshots from the developers website: (CLICK!)
onyx.jpg
Why doesn't my cleaning tab look like that? Mine looks like this:

onyx.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Why doesn't my cleaning tab look like that? Mine looks like this:

Because RIDE is using an older version of Onyx. As a matter of fact, what version is that RIDE? I liked that version a lot better than the current one and I can't remember which version made the first drastic change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Because RIDE is using an older version of Onyx. As a matter of fact, what version is that RIDE? I liked that version a lot better than the current one and I can't remember which version made the first drastic change.

I'm using v1.7.5. It works great so I haven't had a need/desire to upgrade to 1.7.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yeah... being up-to-date is over rated. I'm still wearing parachute pants!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I'm using v1.7.5. It works great so I haven't had a need/desire to upgrade to 1.7.8

Darn, it won't let me download an old version from VersionTracker. I don't suppose you could zip yours up and attach it for me could you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Darn, it won't let me download an old version from VersionTracker. I don't suppose you could zip yours up and attach it for me could you?

I've got it zipped for you... it went from 14.9MB down to 7.1MB.... PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.