SCSI Hard drive will not Boot?

J

jchurch

Bought a external firewire drive for backing up my 4 Macs. Tried to install a "Rescue disk" version of OS 10 on to the new firewire external. The install went fine. HOWEVER, My Biege G3 333 with a SCSI hard drive will not boot up anymore! It will boot from the disk and disk utiity does recognize the drive, appears to have all the data still intact. Unplugged the firewire external also. Reset all PCI cards.

I have tried zapping the pram, Open firmware reset-all, nv-ram reset to no avail. I would prefer not to do a clean install.

I am missing the SCSI drive's drivers? Any Unix pros know how to fix?

HELP!

Jeff

OP
W

WilliS

i think you left out the part where you did something to the g3 that made it not work? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
What happened is that when you installed the OSX onto the firewire drive it set it as the primary startup folder.....leave the drive plugged in when you turn on the mac....it will take longer to boot but it should go to OS X (the clean version you installed on the firewire drive) go into System Preferences -> Startup Disk and select the OS X folder on the HD as the boot folder

OP
B

Badger

According to Apple OS X is not supported in any version on the beige G3. Try starting from a system or utility CD and reset the startup disk to your system 9 disk. If that doesn't work try a heavy-duty utility like DiskWarrior.
Badger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.