update on my Flash install woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
If you ever read my previous ranting over not being able to install Flash 9... http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51840 it's now installed! (summary - Flash 9 won't load on the new intel based macs.)

I really don't know why. This is what happened:

1. I recently learned that on the dock, if there's a little black triange under an icon then it's open. So there's the possibility that I previously had a browser open and didn't know it.
2. I was at yet ANOTHER (!) site that was 100% flash and for no good reason clicked on the download flash window and ....
3. I made sure all the browsers were closed and it downloaded.

This was probably the 30th time I tried to do it in a month. I really don't know why it worked, but it did.

Does anyone know if Adobe/macromedia has fixed the problem or was it my error? There are more than a few people who were having the same prob as me. It's hard to believe that all of us just didn't know how to tell if we had a browser open...

Question: Why is it that even if I don't see any open windows that an app can still be open, anyways?!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.