Mac Pro ethernet

abc

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a Mac Pro 2 months ago. It has 2 ethernet connections and I connect to a VPN with one of them. the question is, can I use the other one to allow a Windows client to connect to the Mac? What is the use of 2nd ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
They can both be active at the same time. I believe the intent is to allow the Mac to connect to two different subnets at the same time. This is frequently done in IT setups to provide access to the "regular" LAN and to more restricted "private" LANs at the same time. This is frequently (at least in my company) referred to as "Green LAN / Red LAN" set up.

OP
A

abc

Reaction score
They can both be active at the same time. I believe the intent is to allow the Mac to connect to two different subnets at the same time. This is frequently done in IT setups to provide access to the "regular" LAN and to more restricted "private" LANs at the same time. This is frequently (at least in my company) referred to as "Green LAN / Red LAN" set up.

Thanks for the answer. I enabled the second ethernet and I am connected to a VPN on the other one. How can I direct all http traffic on the 'green LAN'. I connected both cards to the same router/hub.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.