MBP scratch removal

Reaction score
Hi,

As the title states, is there anyway to remove scratches on the top on a MBP?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
"Ice Creme - Scratch Remover for Notebooks, iPod & More"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
ice cream is only for ibooks, macbooks, imacs, and ipods......anything with a plastic shell.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Stop worrying about is one. I have a small one near my track pad. A scratch doesn't stop if from running OS X so I don't care lol.

OP
N
Reaction score
Stop worrying about is one. I have a small one near my track pad. A scratch doesn't stop if from running OS X so I don't care lol.

I know lol but its just anoying to see a scratch on the top of my MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i havent tried it....but i wouldnt really recommend it. I think you run the risk of creating much more damage. how deep is the scratch?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am a painter by trade, over 40 years - mainly commercial nowadays - we often run into this issue in buildings that use clear anodized aluminum door frames as their building standard. And of course they always come to the painter thinking we are the miracle workers for everything.

Without recommending painting - I have not found a solution that will not make the area in question look worse than before you started. Definitely do not use steel wool as you will only enlarge it from a scratch to the entire area that is touched by the steel wool. Never use any abrasive on aluminum. Also, don't think about using items designed for car wheels. Pretty much anything that will take care of a scratch on aluminum will also scratch aluminum.

How about a fancy new red cover for your MBP - check out this thread.

OP
N
Reaction score
i havent tried it....but i wouldnt really recommend it. I think you run the risk of creating much more damage. how deep is the scratch?

Its not that deep. Just on the surface Still big enough to be annoying though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.