How to Colour Separate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Hi

I am reproducing a logo for a friend who needs it as a colour separated EPS.
I'm have never done colour separating before so I'm not sure of what I need to do.

Can anybody fill me in with any information?

Cheers

Jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Color separating is basically just putting your each of your colors on a separate layer. For example, if you have an image with green, red, blue, and yellow then all green parts of the image go on Layer 1, all the red parts go on Layer 2... and so on. When you combine the layers, you then get the full image.

I am going to wager a guess that your friend wants to use the logo for screen printing. Screen printing would require a different screen for each different color.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Color separating is basically just putting your each of your colors on a separate layer. For example, if you have an image with green, red, blue, and yellow then all green parts of the image go on Layer 1, all the red parts go on Layer 2... and so on. When you combine the layers, you then get the full image.

I am going to wager a guess that your friend wants to use the logo for screen printing. Screen printing would require a different screen for each different color.

Yup, had to do a lot of that at my old job years ago with CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator.

T

todd51

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Adobe Illustrator, but I have done the whole screen printing process such as burning the image and the acutal printing, just never caught the Illustrator part :(

OP
jim007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"

That's exactly what it's going to be used for.

Thanks for your help guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.