Macbook video card

Reaction score
I'm getting a Macbook pro dual 2.33GHz. I've never owned a laptop so I was wondering if i can switch the Radeon video card out with an Nvidia card? If so witch should I switch it with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I don't believe that the video card is easily switched in a MBP. Since you don't have it yet, perhaps you should give the one that comes with it a try anyway. I hear that they are pretty good actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
Actually it is impossible to switch out the gfx card on the mbp's becuase they are soldered or soddered or whatnot to the motherboard. But the x1600 256mb is a good card, i have the mbp 2.16 w/ x1600 128mb and i can play all games fine. so you should be alright wit that card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I'm getting a Macbook pro dual 2.33GHz. I've never owned a laptop so I was wondering if i can switch the Radeon video card out with an Nvidia card? If so witch should I switch it with?

I can play Oblivion on almost all high settings with the 128MB version. You shuld be fine with just about anything you throw at it. It is not really comparable to a desktop system, but for a laptop...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
another vote for the 128mb version.

its been more than worth the money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.