• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Black iMac, 8-Core Mac Pro, 15-inch MB, All Due For '07

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Heres the link

Possibly all line-ups updated by end of June?

Sources told MacScoop there is strong possibility that most or all the Mac line-ups will see a refresh by the end of June and that the company should start making its first 2007 Mac hardware announcements as soon as during March.

The three line-ups that have seen the longest product cycles are Xserves (August 2006), Mac Pros (August 2006) and Mac minis (September 2006). With no word from sources on specific Apple hardware refreshes, we can only speculate that these three line-ups will be prioritized.

Black iMac on the way?

The only specific information MacScoop has recently obtained from sources regarding Apple's forthcoming hardware releases is that a black version of the iMac could make its way with the next update of the company's all-in-one consumer desktop Macs.

Sources also told us that - as it is currently the case for the MacBook - the black color could be available only on the high-end 24 inch iMac and possibly the 20 inch as well.

Apple has started making black-flavored products since the introduction of the first generation iPod nano on September 2005, followed by a black video-enabled iPod in October 2005. A few months later, after the huge success of this flavor on the iPod, the company introduced the MacBook (May 2006) which was available in black for the top of the line model. The black MacBook also received very good market acceptance although it was initially criticized for its unfairly high pricing.

Recent hardware rumours roundup:

Previous reports published on MacScoop as well as on other sites provided some early hints on what could be in Apple's product pipeline for 2007.

Mac Pros are said to be ready for the 8-Core jump in their next update while the MacBook Pro line-up could be broaden with a smaller form factor. Other rumours on the Internet suggest that the MacBook will come in a 15 inch version for low-budget big-screen laptop fans.

Meanwhile, Apple Cinema Displays have not seen any major update since June 2004. The company's display line-up was only subject of price-cuts and minor spec changes. Some MacScoop sources recently hinted at new sizes on the product line and believe Apple could introduce HDMI/HDCP capable displays with built-in iSight.

Hardware announcements in time for Leopard and Creative Suite 3 releases?

The coming months will be subject to major software releases for the Mac world both from Apple and third-party software developers.

A recent report claimed that Apple could release Mac OS X Leopard as soon as late March and we expect the company to release iLife '07 and iWork '07 at the same time.

Moreover, a Merill Lynch analyst recently said that Creative Suite 3.0, which is the first Intel native version of Adobe's professional creation software suite, could arrive in the same "late March" timeframe.

Other developers such as Microsoft are expected to deliver Intel-native versions of their software this year. At the end of 2007 the transition to the Intel architecture will be 100% complete.

One can expect both consumer and Pro-oriented hardware updates to coincide with the releases of Leopard and Creative Suite. But again, there is no word from our sources yet on that.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. I highly doubt they'd completely revamp their entire line in just a few months. Then again, they managed to switch over to Intel pretty darn quick. Who knows, anything is possible with Apple.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
ya i saw that too that would be so cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The 8 core Mac Pro has my vote. I have been predicting for some time now that this will happen. My guess is that they will replace the two dual cores with two of the new quad cores. Result - an "octal" core machine. Pair that up with Leopard, which is reputed to be better at CPU allocation, and you would have a powerhouse.

Reaction score
Doesn't 8core just sound ridiculous? That many cores is just insane.

By the way, I'll wait for the 16-core.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
They had plenty of time...

... to work out the bugs and make the switch to Intel. Darwin for x86 is all I can say :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Do I hear 32 cores? Going Once, Going Twice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
that black iMac is sweeet...it wud like good side by side with a white one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a mac user.. yet
I wonder if there is going to be any hardware (CPU, Ram, etc) improvements on the new iMacs?

I'm debating on waiting to get the new version or purchase now once Leopard comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i'm expecting to see some bump in the iMac line. black would be an interesting option, but i like my white one just fine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I note that the current Mac Pro lineup is the first generation Intel Mac Pros. They have been out for a while now - they are due for a bump too. That is why I expect to see a new one soon, using two of the quad core chips. It is not just wishful thinking on my behalf (I hope, anyway) ... it would seem to be time for an upgrade, and those new quad core chips are the top of the line... and the Mac Pro is the top of the line...

If A = B and B = C, then A = C!

(right mathogre?) :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DARN! I *knew* I had a mistake in that equation!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i like toast

yea. an black iMac would be sick, and an 8-core would e soo fast. OMGosh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
imacintel.jpg

courtosy of some link i found on google, looks awful i hope they dont i think apple have more taste!
i would really like to see a 27" imac though with better specs!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That image is a horrid photoshop job. Apple can make it look much better than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
i know but its the same basic principal , i hope they do pull somet off it would be nice

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
iMac-1.jpg

Leave it to Collis Ta'eed^^^

Reaction score
Is there a mac conference in june?
Do new mac products always get announced at shows?
Just wondering if there could be a new update to the imacs coming soon, or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.