Access windows formated Ipod on MPB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
Sorry for the lack of knowledge in this area but heh hopefully someone can help me out. The problem is that I have an ipod windows formatted that I want to use with my MPB. I have 3 1/2 gigs of music on the ipod I dont want to loose but I cannot access it from my MPB. I am guessing that this is because its windows formatted. It shows up fine in itunes but all the music is greyed out .
I am really inexperienced with both Itunes and the IPOD itself. Maybe it has something to do with authorizing ? I dont know .
Would appreciate some help , thank you kindly
wrath

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There are few potentials here. Yes, you will need to authorize your new Mac to play any of your music that was purchased at iTunes. However, I think the "grey out" phenom you are seeing is just reflection of the fact that you have iTunes set to manage the content of your iPod. Hence, it doesn't allow you to do it directly via the GUI. This is certainly how my iPod's contents are displayed in iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.