MacBook will not connect theo Linkys Router

Reaction score
We have two computer, a windows laptop and a mac book.
The mac book runs Mac OS X, v. 10.3.8 and we got it around Christmas and everything worked fine to about a week ago and it wont connect to the internet. It finds the router fine but the internet still wont work. Please, any help will work. I'm not sure about the Mac lingo so please do a clear walk through. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
You're most likey running 10.4.8 - 10.3.8 cannot run on a MacBook.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
We have two computer, a windows laptop and a mac book.
The mac book runs Mac OS X, v. 10.3.8 and we got it around Christmas and everything worked fine to about a week ago and it wont connect to the internet. It finds the router fine but the internet still wont work. Please, any help will work. I'm not sure about the Mac lingo so please do a clear walk through. Thanks in advance.

I've found that the most recent Airport updates (automatically downloaded via Software Update) has some problems with WPA encryption. I'd recommend upgrading your Linksys router's firmware and switching encryption to WPA2. Turning SSID broadcast on will also greatly enhance your connection's resiliency as well. This wasn't the case for me prior to the update.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
can you give me a small walk through for that?

The process will vary depending on the make/model of your router. But in general, all you do is login to the router's configuration page (should be described in your manual) and go under "wireless security settings". From there, you should be able to choose between different security types. If WPA2 is not available, you may need to get a firmware update from the manufacturer's website. Once you download that file, you'll usually go to a "status" or "update" tab in the router's configuration page and then upload the file you just downloaded from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.