Black or White?

Reaction score
this doesint matter about specs. this is just to find out which color the mac-forums community likes best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
mj2002.jpg

It doesn't matter if you're black or white.

Reaction score
Actually I have to ask myself that question soon. I'll need a MacNook for college, but I want a white one. But I still need fair performance, which comes only in black. So I guess I'll trade off some processor speed for the sake of a MacBook that matches my iPod and iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
just get the high end white model, yogi, u can get everything the black one has for less dough... the black ones show grease too yuck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
I agree. A couple hundred extra to have black is ridiculous. I'm just bummed that when i bought my white in july 06' I forgot to tell them that I wanted the 80gig HD. But it didn't matter when I got home and opened the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I got the 2ghz white but would have gone for the black if it was glossy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Actually I have to ask myself that question soon. I'll need a MacNook for college, but I want a white one. But I still need fair performance, which comes only in black. So I guess I'll trade off some processor speed for the sake of a MacBook that matches my iPod and iMac.

If you get the latest models, they are identical in performance, processor speed and RAM The black comes with a larger hard disk.

I have both. They're the same speed, just one is more difficult to find in the dark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
All about personal preference. Too bad my preference is beautiful delicious luscious brushed aluminum :headphone lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
All about personal preference. Too bad my preference is beautiful delicious luscious brushed aluminum :headphone lol

I have that preference to. It's just unfortunate that the extra $1000 preferred to spend it self on rent and utilities. Stupid money!:radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Black all the way!!! White doesn't stand a chance! :black:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've had a few black notebooks already. why would i want my mac to be black too?

my name is eric and i own, and prefer, a white macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
i agree

White is the way to go if you are buying a Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Gotta be the Apple Iconic White. Black looks greasy. White is Apple's signature color. My wife has a black hp laptop and a black dell desktop at work, and a black blackberry, and my black cellphone, wow now that I look around, my TV is black too, so is my house phone. What's white though? Only my beautiful Macbook!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I spent ages admiring the black one (odd as it was the white ibooks that first attracted me to Apples portable computers) - when it came down to buying one (after a lot of thinking, um'ing and ah'ing) I went for the white one and I love it.

I'll be honest and admit that should the black ones have come with black power brick, cables, remote etc - then I may have gone that route.

I love my white macbook - white is really nice and is unusual (compared to the massive numbers of silver/grey or black laptops out there) and so far (touch wood) it doesn't attract as much dirt as I feared it might.

Personal preference at the end of the day.

Get the white one
Get the white one
Get the white one
Get the white one
Get the white one
Get the white one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
I didnt have to think twice when i purchased my white macbook(didnt like the flat/mat look if the black)
But if the black macbook was shiny like the video or the first generation ipod nanos then the decision would have been tough............hmmmmmmmmmmm shiny black mac book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
We can't all be gorgeous KoDorSean!

Does anyone else think the Black MB's look a little smaller? I know they're not but a couple times in the store when they've been lined up next to each other I've had to have a second look, just to make sure.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you know what they say...

black is slimming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.