Is it worth it?

Reaction score
I've always played PC games, but since I've purchased my MacBook Pro it's been difficult since most o the games available for Macs are very expensive. I have alot of PC games and the thought of having to buy a Mac version for any of them, which i did for Civ IV, isnt very pleasing. From what I've seen on this forum, Bootcamp would allow me to play my PC games on my mac. How would a game like The Sims 2 with the University and Pets expansion packs do on my machine? The Civ IV crashes after a few hours and i can only play it in windowed mode, though, it takes more memory a faster CPU to run than the Sims 2. Is it worth it to get a an XP CD? Will my games run smoothly with my system? They all ran fine with my PC and it has the same specs as my MacBook Pro, except the CPU ran at 3.0 Ghz instead of 2.33 Ghz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
They all ran fine with my PC and it has the same specs as my MacBook Pro, except the CPU ran at 3.0 Ghz instead of 2.33 Ghz.

Are you sure your PC has a 3 GHz C2D processor?

You've got a great machine. There shouldn't be any problem at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
To answer your question, yes Boot Camp will be well worth it if you enjoy playing games and want to do so on your Mac. Heck, OEM copies of XP are dirt cheap nowadays, probably around the same price as two or three games. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
S
Reaction score
nice, thank you so much, I checked a dozen other sites and the cheapest I could find was $189.99...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's odd, the retail copy of XP home goes for $99.99

XP Professional is much more expensive.

OEM

Retail

From the looks of it, somebody is either overcharging you for the OEM versions and Home Retail, or you're getting a great deal on XP Pro Retail :bomb:

OP
S
Reaction score
I was checking on sites like Bestbuy and Amazon, I didn't even know about New Egg until you posted that link, I've never really shopped around for software online until I came to college. I've only ever bought PC games and that was in store...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.