Very stupid me.. any way to undelete messages from mail?

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

first off: I think it's great there are people who are willing to spend their time on helping people like me with their computer problems, thanks!

Here's my problem: I (accidentally) deleted one of the mailboxes in the ''mail'' application. The mailbox was named ''Gmail'' and that's the mailbox I deleted. I didn't mean to delete this mailbox but it did happen...

Is there any way I can recover the deleted e-mails from the Gmail mailbox?

It would be so great if you guys could help me get my old e-mails back somehow.

Thanks so much, Emery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Check with gmail on google and they should have a copy of your mail if you have it set up that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
and to prevent this from happening u can un-check the box that says "move deleted messages to trash" in mail>preferences>accounts>mailbox behaviors.

OP
E
Reaction score
Carol247,

I have this option set for the Gmail e-mails I recieve but the mailbox I deleted also contained old pre-Gmail emails...

Is there any way I can undelete these files somehow and get them back? Anybody know a good data recovery program that works?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Emery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
you can "re-pop" the gmail messages to your computer.

as for the pre-non-gmail stuff, your sol.

go into gmail website, pref, and pop/forwarding. should be something like, "allow for all mail."

itll pop all the mail in gmail to your mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Oh, sorry I have to agree with kgeier82 on the pre-non-gmail stuff. I don't think there's a way to retrieve those unless someone more knowledgable than I might know a way. I checked my "missing manual" and nothing is said about a deleted mailbox that I could find. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.