Thinking of getting an airport extreme hub

Reaction score
And i was wondering if I could establish a connection between my home windows computer (not wifi inabled) and the airport extreme hub through a usb or cat5 cable.

I have a laptop that I'm going to make wifi ready but I want to make sure that I can still establish a wire connection to my home comp.

Also, if the airport hub will not do this do you guys know of a good third party hub that works with both windows and mac and also alows for an optional wire connection?

Thanks alot guys, I've been having some questions lately about my pismo (which, btw came yesterday ^_^) and you guys have deffinatly helped.

~Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
New Airport Extreme is NAS ready. It should be possible to make both forms of connections.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If your Airport base station has any free Ethernet ports, then the simple answer to your question is: yes, you can hook up your computer to the router with an Ethernet (Cat 5/6) cable. Not too sure why you would want to use USB if Ethernet is an option....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.