Photoshop CS2 on MacBook

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have finally taken the leap to change from PC's to Mac and havebought my self a 13 inch Mac book 2.0 Dual Processor Intel yesterday! 256Mb Graphics Card, 2Gb Ram

A bit stupidly i didnt really check to see what apps i could run on it and as im not really down with the lingo of Macs i was hoping you guys couuld shed some light for me! :)

I want to run Photoshop CS2 on my machine. I realise recently Macs changed to using Intel chips! Is this likey to be a problem to run on my machine?

Do i need to look for specific software designed for the Intel Chip etc.

Cheers

ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
CS2 will run under what is called "Rosetta". It's an invisible program that translates PowerPC related code (the old processors) to the new Intel compatible code.

This causes a noticeable slow down in the program's performance.

You won't need any specialized software, though.

OP
E
Reaction score
CS2 will run under what is called "Rosetta". It's an invisible program that translates PowerPC related code (the old processors) to the new Intel compatible code.

This causes a noticeable slow down in the program's performance.

You won't need any specialized software, though.

thanks for that! was a little worried id have a laptop i couldnt use for what i need!

does the same relate to Dreamweaver 8 Studio as well?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
thanks for that! was a little worried id have a laptop i couldnt use for what i need!

does the same relate to Dreamweaver 8 Studio as well?

cheers

Yes. However Adobe is planning to release universal binary version in March. You wont have to wait too long ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.