new to the Mac world

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As you can tell, I am new to this Mac world. I'm a proud new owner of a MBP 2.133, 2Gigs of RAM and 160Gig HD. I'm a long time PC user, who's very into gaming in both PC and consoles. I'll be using a Mac for more creative things such as video editing and Photoshop (waiting for the Photoshop CS3 :) ). I've been doin' a lot of reading and browsing in this forum. All I can say is, this is by far the best community I've seen in any forums.

Below are pix taken from my phone (someone borrowed my digital camera).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new mac. I am also a recent switcher and this forum has been savior!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I am also a recent switcher (my mac setup is in my signature), and this forum has proven priceless when it comes to handling the switch from Windows to Mac. Everyone here is extremely willing to help and very quick to reply. That is a great looking MacBook Pro that you have. No longer will an OS make you want to pull your hair out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome JusBl@ze... <––––Reminds me of "JusRhymes" from The White Rapper Show. Umm.. not that I watch that, it's just that umm... nevermind :D

Your MBP looks SWEET! Thanks for the pics.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, JusBL@zE! I think you'll love your new MBP! And it looks sweet! :girl:

Reaction score
Sorry can't help with gaming questions. I gave up gaming on the mac frankly. It's one thing I have learned is that gaming is a PC world. Meaning, that most games are build for the PC and horrible ports to the mac result.

Surely somebody will give you the proper hints and direction about gaming on the mac. Good luck. Nice MBP.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

IRT CrossBones:
Its cool, i'm not going to use MBP for any gaming. I'm still going to use my desktop PC for that. I'm also not planning to run Windows in MBP either. All the progs i use have its alternative versions in Mac (Trillian for PC, Adium for Mac for example), and seems to work just fine for my needs. Thanks anyways :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
welcome aboard and good luck with the MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Thanks for the welcome!

IRT CrossBones:
Its cool, i'm not going to use MBP for any gaming. I'm still going to use my desktop PC for that. I'm also not planning to run Windows in MBP either. All the progs i use have its alternative versions in Mac (Trillian for PC, Adium for Mac for example), and seems to work just fine for my needs. Thanks anyways :)

I do the same thing. I have my desktop PC for gaming (along with my consoles) and my Macbook for actual work.

Welcome to the Mac community. :black:

Reaction score
I just made the switch myself. I still have a Vista laptop connected to my TV for Media Center functions and I have a Vista desktop for gaming and general PC purposes. I love the design and ergonomics of the MBP and OSX though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Nice pics and I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute with your new machine. I'm a fairly new switcher too and I'm so pleased with my choice. You're right about this forum, it's the best one I've ever joined. One big Mac family!
Welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.