Clock gets set 5 hours back when switching b/w OSX and Windows via bootcamp

Reaction score
I have bootcamp installed and whenever I swithc OSes the time gets set back by 5 hours. I haven't changed the time zone or anything. Anyone else have this problem? Could this have anything to do with the fact that i was runnng Parallels build 3150 to boot a VM from my bootcamp partition? I stopped doing this btw because it won't boot anymore (I get the Parallels found multiple partitions to boot from please uses custom configuration or something along those lines error message) and I am a little paranoid it would **** with my bootcamp partition now.

Reaction score
yea, the same thing happens to me. I was told that it would not stop. ever. until you delete the windows partition
it sucks, but it's a small price to pay. don't worry, the partitions won't be affected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I am not sure if this will work but here is something I found that may help you with the time issue.

Here’s the fix:

Make a batch file within Windows that contains the following 4 lines:

@echo off
net time /setsntp:tick.usno.navy.mil
net stop w32time
net start w32time

how to make a batch file if you don’t know: open Notepad, paste the following lines then save as synctime.bat, or whatever.bat… doesn’t really matter as long as you have the .bat extension.

Then add the batch file to your startup folder in your Start menu so that it starts whenever windows starts up.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.