Powerbook Sleep Issue

V

vgurl

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie so I can use all the help I can get! K, so here's the problem. My new 2 day old 15" AL 1.25 Ghz Powerbook has a strange issue when it goes to sleep. After a long sleep, when it wakes up & I begin to type, the letters it types are what looks like Greek to me (literally). The E looks like the sigma symbol. How can I fix this? Has anyone had this happen? Otherwise, I am in love with my computer.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

ive had a simialr issue just out of the blue while working on it all the keys stopped working except for 6 letters which ended up just typin out numbers...restarted the system and stil the same...couldnt log in tho, restarted it again this time with an external mac keyboard and it worked just fine...id say try hot pluggin a keyboard in the usb port see if you can trigger it to reset

OP
V

vgurl

PowerbookG417 said:
ive had a simialr issue just out of the blue while working on it all the keys stopped working except for 6 letters which ended up just typin out numbers...restarted the system and stil the same...couldnt log in tho, restarted it again this time with an external mac keyboard and it worked just fine...id say try hot pluggin a keyboard in the usb port see if you can trigger it to reset

Thx PowerbookG417 :) I'm not sure that I want to have to plug in an external keyboard to fix this every time this happens tho :( So far, for me, the only thing that corrects the problem (haven't tried your keyboard solution yet) is restarting the machine. But I don't want to have to do that either! Hmmm....what to do? Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm thinking a trip to the Genius Bar is in my near future.

OP
S

StarManta

Have you tried repairing permissions? (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility)

Oops, didn't realize that had already been suggested. Ignore me. :)

OP
V

vgurl

StarManta said:
Have you tried repairing permissions? (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility)

Oops, didn't realize that had already been suggested. Ignore me. :)

Thx guys! I'll try repairing permissions. I actually should of thought of doing that. From what I've read in most forums, it seems to be what you do when your mac gets a lil' wacky. Thx again ;)

By the way, my mac is very pretty and I've hardly been able to tear myself away from it since I got it!

OP
V

vgurl

vgurl said:
Thx guys! I'll try repairing permissions. I actually should of thought of doing that. From what I've read in most forums, it seems to be what you do when your mac gets a lil' wacky. Thx again ;)

By the way, my mac is very pretty and I've hardly been able to tear myself away from it since I got it!

just an update, i tried repairing the permissions but it didn't work :(

i guess it's off to the soho apple store i go, hopefully they'll take a look at it & figure it out. thx for the input!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.