What is an .RSRC file?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have appzapper and I am trying to delete Snapz Pro- the trial. It moved all the files to the trash, but when I try to empty the trash it says that it cannot because Snapz Pro .rsrc file is in use. Any help here would be great! thanks!

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
A RSRC file is a file that contains all graphical information for an application. All buttons, UI elements, etc are contained in it.

If the program is still running it will still be in use. If the program appears to be closed, it's daemon (invisible process) may still be running. Check Activity Monitor (Apps/Utilities) for anything Snapz related and force quit it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Like surfwax said the .rsrc file contains all graphical info (Apple seems to be phasing it out recently, but still). Sometimes OS X thinks a file is in use but it really isn't, to get rid of it select Finder > Secure Empty Trash this will overwrite the file and all will be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i5 27" 4GB 1 TB Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Like surfwax said the .rsrc file contains all graphical info (Apple seems to be phasing it out recently, but still). Sometimes OS X thinks a file is in use but it really isn't, to get rid of it select Finder > Secure Empty Trash this will overwrite the file and all will be good.

Hi!
is there a way to extract an image from this rsrc file and reasign it back after some modifications to this image? I know I can do this on windows but I am looking for this on os x.

thank u

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Another Zombie thread comes alive! LOL.

Reaction score
Straggler. Not that far from Halloween...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.