Which method for installing OpenOffice is the best?

Reaction score
I have ordered my new iMac and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. In the interm. I am thinking of how best to get it configured when it arrives. I see that there are three ways to get OpenOffice

1. NeoOffice - this seems to be the easiest to install, but I am concerned that the 2.x version is still in beta. How stable is it?

2. Through Fink - I am decent with the command line because I have used linux for years, so this does not intimidate me, but the Intel Mac versios is also still unstable. How do you find it?

3. Follow the instructions on the OpenOffice site through X11.

The third option appears the easiest, but I imagine there is some catch. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I use Neooffice and I LOVE it. It is very stable. To be honest I can't think of a time when it has crashed on me. Openoffice through X11 I found to be really annoying and ugly, Neooffice matches the Mac interface much better.

In my opinion go for NeoOffice. I haven't been disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would highly suggest NeoOffice. I tried OpenOffice and there's just something about the interface that puts me off. I got rid of it literally 2 minutes after I installed (took me that long because it took a minute to load :bomb:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.