Alt+S Forum shortcut

Reaction score
Hello all :)

I've been signed up and have been lurking for a while, but haven't had anything useful to contribute so haven't posted until now!

I have a question that's been bugging me for some time and I can't seem to find any info on it.

I use Firefox on both Windows and Mac and really like the Alt+S keyboard shortcut to submit a post on a forum, but I can't get it working on my Mac Mini. I've tried various combinations of ALT, Command, CTRL + S and have even tried adding 'Shift' into the mix but haven't had much joy. I found some information on the Mozilla site about this, but it was more aimed at Windows and hasn't helped me on Mac. I did try searching this forum for info too, but I think 'ALT+S' as a search entry wasn't particularly useful as it just found every post with 'ALT' in it!

So does anybody know what I need to do to get this keyboard shortcut to work on Mac OS X? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Rob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i believe it is control+alt+s

edit: yep thats right, because your 'alt' key is actually the option key
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Wow... you really did lurk for quite a while after registering... :D Welcome!

Also tanks for the info to you and coach z!

OP
R
Reaction score
That doesn't work for me :(

I wonder if the changes made to Firefox - following the advice from the Mozilla forum - has actually made things worse? Need to track down what changes were made....

OP
R
Reaction score
I got it!

The info I found about this said to change two keys in about:config, (ui.key.chomeAccess and ui.key.contentaccess). I reset those and, now knowing what the keyboard shortcut should be, tested again and it works.

Thanks all for your help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's a useful tip!

(I only posted that to try out the shortcut :))

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.