Web Design software ?

Reaction score
I have learned so far that there are very few programs that run on Intel based Mac's. Most of the programs I need for web design run under Rosetta. When Adobe releases these programs to work on Intel based Mac's will the performance increase? I am finding less than stellar performance out of my macbook! I can run flash and dreamweaver on my moms celeron xp machine with 512mb ram and integrated vid card faster than my macbook! Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
<R>

T

todd51

There is always iWeb even though it doesn't give you the control that Dreamweaver does. I hear Rapidweaver is good too, but I'm not sure if it's Intel-based or not.

OP
F
Reaction score
Not the answer I was looking for but thanks! I am a designer not someone just tinkering around, I need the real deal. I just wondered why it ran so much faster on less hardware and if the performance was going to get better. I am not keeping the macbook if not, kinda defeats the purpose.

<R>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Well I guess the obvious thing that people say in situations like this is just use Text Edit (the Mac equivalent of Notepad).

I'm surprised to here that you think Dreamweaver is slow under Rosetta, on my iMac it's plenty fast enough, certainly not slower than it was on my very old PC even if it did have 2GB of RAM. What version are you running?

If you really can't live with the speed of Dreamweaver than perhaps take a look at some of these.
NVu
PageSpinner
BBEdit
Go Live if you want to torture yourself!
Good Page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Yes, the performance of non-Intel native apps will increase with a Universal Binary release of the same app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.