How do you permanently Map a shared PC folder?

Reaction score
I want to love my Mac, but the transition has been difficult because many easy to do, built in networking tools are seemingly not accessible. I'd really love any assistance on this one.

I have a PC with a folder that is shared out. On any other PC, I can just map the network drive and it is always available. Nice work Microsoft.

However, on a Mac, it seems I have to navigate to it every time to get the shortcut on the desktop.

Is it possible to permanently map a iMac to a shared PC folder so that it is always available when it’s rebooted? It seems there are weird hacks that experts can do, but I'd like it to be a built in, clean solution if Macs can do this. I'm new and really need straight forward steps for the Mac.

Thank you so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Make an alias of the network drive that appears on the desktop. then just double click the alias when you want the network drive to remap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.