macbook or powerbook G4

Reaction score
I am finally making the jump from pc to mac!

As I am doing my research, I see that the pricing for a new macbook black with intel core2 duo and 1 gig of ram is similarly priced to a refurbished powerbook G4 1.5GHz Aluminum 15".

I do not do any heavy programing, gaming, photoshop, video, grafic design, but just your basic everyday task.

If you were in my shoes, which one would you buy? Thank you for your responses and opinions.

OP
M
Reaction score
new macbook black or refurb powerbook G4

*note*I also posted this in the powerbook forum since it deals with both

I am finally making the jump from pc to mac!

As I am doing my research, I see that the pricing for a new macbook black with intel core2 duo and 1 gig of ram is similarly priced to a refurbished powerbook G4 1.5GHz Aluminum 15".

I do not do any heavy programing, gaming, photoshop, video, grafic design, but just your basic everyday task.

If you were in my shoes, which one would you buy? Thank you for your responses and opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Macbook, no question. It sounds like it'll handle whatever you need it for and it's more portable, brand new and Intel.

Reaction score
I think regardless of what your use is ... the winner will be the MacBook ... ditto moss918.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
I would go with the macbook, they are fast and will do everything you want.

Also it will hold its value, in 2 years time it will be worth way more. But if they both what you want its hard for us to tell you. The macbook is a nice and fast machine and future proof too. But you should have access to all your software either way.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I actually am leaning towards the new macbook because of the intel duo2 core. I just wanted to make sure I was making a wise deciscion

OP
M
Reaction score
thank you for your responses, i will probably go macback . . .goodbye PC!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I'd go for the Powerbook.

It looks nicer, and you can tell people its a MacBook Pro if they ask ;)

Just Kidding, Macbook hands down!

T

todd51

I agree with everyone, Macbook hands down if you don't plan on doing any graphic/web design or video/audio editing. You'll love the Macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
can you define "similarly priced"?

there is no question.. macbook hands down.. why would you go with the PB if its "similarly priced"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Macbook is smaller, lighter, faster, has a brighter screen, and will probably go longer without becoming obsolete.

The PowerBook has a better keyboard, the ability to run old Classic applications, a larger screen (nice for text) and a much cooler name.

I'd definitely say MacBook, unless one of those reasons is especially compelling for you.

Reaction score
if your worried about price stick with the white macbook and upgrade the HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.