Boot Camp and Vista

Reaction score
I recently loaded Vista, via bootcamp, onto my Macbook Pro. After the installation was completed, I had no way of selecting which hard drive I wanted to boot up from. According to sourced information, you are supposed to recieve a screen, with the option to select which hard drive to boot from.

Did I not receive this option, because I installed Vista? Do you only get this option with XP?

At the stage of the bootcamp install, where it asks for the XP CD, I did put in the Vista CD, which it didnt like. I selected the restart option, with the Vista CD still in the drive, and held down C. It started booting to the Vista CD and installing, as if I was installing on a PC.

Now, if I want to boot into Vista, I had to select Windows as the permanent start-up disk, and then to boot back into Mac, I had to boot to the OS X 10.4 CD, and then change the startup disk back to my mac partition.

There has to be an easier way, even with Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Press and hold Option during startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you read the included documentation, you would have quickly seen how simple it was :bomb:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.