Weird popping sounds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
I've been experiencing weird popping sounds whenever sound is played. This occurs through both the headphones jack and the speakers. Any ideas? This doesn't happen in OS 9.

Thanks

A

adam taylor

absolutley sure it doesnt happen in os9? or has it happened since you upgraded? sounds like mp3 corruption? im new to macs but is there a library of preinstalled sounds like pc sound themes that you can try? that might highlight a hardware or software issue depending on whether you gert the same pops in those tracks>?

T

TylerMoney

I've heard a few things about that. For the most part I've heard it's really nothing to worry about...possible the hardrive making more noise as it gets mroe full. I don't know for sure though..that's just what I have heard...I think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Ever since upgrading to Panther, I experience occasional "popping" noises from the speakers when running on battery power.

OP
mpeters13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
Hi.

a) I wish it were just my mp3s. As I stated, the noise occurs when sounds are being played on battery power. It's an off and on thing too.

b) Eh, it's not the harddrive :). I'm on an iBook, but I'm not totally new to computing. I know the difference between a spinning harddrive and a the sound i'm experiencing. Thanks for the suggestion though. Everything is appreciated.

c) Maybe it's an issue w/ the iBook then.... We'll have to see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.