Video Blogging?

Reaction score
I'm actually looking for software to use the iSight camera as a video recorder so that I can keep a video journal. It'd be nice as well if its a format I can easily use to create a DVD player watchable video

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks, its strange though, in the menus I can't find anything to select the built in camera as a video source to record from. The closest I got was with the Magic Movie option and it brings up a preview image that's on the camera. The problem that it says there's no video source.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
To capture live video from an iSight camera:
Open the privacy shutter on your iSight.
Click the mode switch to set iMovie HD to camera mode (it's that grey slider that has scissors on one hand and a camera on the other).
Click the camera icon to the left of the mode switch and choose iSight from the pop-up menu.
Click the Record With iSight button at the bottom of the iMovie monitor.
The video you see in the iMovie monitor is recorded as a clip in the Clips pane.

Click Record With iSight again to stop recording.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you so much, that works perfectly! I feel kinda stupid, since its such a simple thing to do. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
Glad I could help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.