battery dead, keyboard light NO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
seems like i have a huge issue going on . my battery is showing up in osx as an X. ok this happend before on my macbook, so i tried the same steps.

reset pram, reset power settings.

reboot into osx still an X. now apple has sent a box to my house, should be here in a few days. the battery appears to have a full charge when pressing its status button. when using cocobattery it shows my battery as having 0% charge, and -1mah capacity. My keyboard light no longer goes on in osx, and everytime i try to turn it on with f9 f10, i get a buster sign.

lastly, the cpu is downclocked to 1ghz, no matter how much load. what gives? im thinking the connection either on the battery or on the logicboard is screwed... and im guessing since the system doesnt have the normal juice running through it, the keyboard light is not working.

???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz

You rang?

It sounds like a logic board to me, as battery usually have the X symbol and/or never work. As for the underclocking I am not sure. But Thats sounds ike the logic board a bad chip. Apple should sort it out quickly.

Let us know how it work out.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for those that check this...

new battery solved issue.

old battery would register a full charge on its built-in meter.
osx had it Xed, and no power to laptop when no ac with battery in.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
machine back up to full OP specs now from 1ghz to 2.16 :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.