Minitab App for macOS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Does any minitab-like software for Mac exist? I have some numbers to crunch, and it'd be nice to do it at home. I only need basic regression for now, but I'll need something more advanced further along.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Have you considered running your windows version of Minitab on your Mac via Parallels?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Yeah, I have. Problem is that I've already used my parallels trial version, and being a poor student, I'd rather not spend money on it. Plus, I've got to save my Minitab trial for when I've got a home exam in statistics later this semester. Right now I'm just going to do some simple regression with maybe a dummy or two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yeah, I have. Problem is that I've already used my parallels trial version, and being a poor student, I'd rather not spend money on it. Plus, I've got to save my Minitab trial for when I've got a home exam in statistics later this semester. Right now I'm just going to do some simple regression with maybe a dummy or two.

Ok.. I see. I was ASSuming you owned a copy of Minitab for Windows.. Which as I'm sure you are aware is about $1200 (USD). I figured "Hey if he has already dropped that kind of money, what's another $79 for Parallels to be able to use it.

I highly doubt you'll be able to find a Freeware version of a $1200 piece of software... If you do... please let us know.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
I can see your point. I was kinda assuming the "there's always someone who's open-sourced it" thing, which often holds true.

Reaction score
I would assume that your course wouldn't require mini-tab, and would either offer something to use, or offer a low cost alternative. I've never seen a college course that required you to purchase a $1200 peice of software.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Reaction score
I have minitab through my university for free for both my mac and PC. It's great although I don't use it to ofter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.