Important info if your screen backlight has gone out! READ!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
So a few months back, the backlight on my iBook G4 went out. It is only about a year and a half old, and not having the Apple care, and not being able to spend $700+ on a new screen (i would rather just put that towards a MacBookPro anyhow!)....I went by an Apple Dealer in Birmingham (my g/f got a macbook pro :( ) and told him about my backlight. He said he had this happen before too and told me to bring it in and he would try something.....SO I did and he FIXED IT!! All he did was type in codes and I got him to write it down so I could post it here.

1. Turn iBook OFF.

2. Hold Apple-Option-O-F

3. After 15-30 seconds, Release Keys

4. TYPE:

RESET-NURAM (might be RESET-NVRAM, but I think it is RESET-NURAM)
SET-DEFAULTS
RESET-ALL

(each followed by "return", which means press 'return')

This should work, it did for mine! I was so excited...now I can see everything as clearly as I had before...I didnt realize what a difference that makes!

Please let me know if this helped anyone out!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your good result story sleepy monkey! (apologies if your user-name is sleepy_monkey - can't tell with the underlined usernames here)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hopefully this will help everyone out that has had this problem!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great link! It's funny that on Apple's tech page, the main Admins tell everyone to get a new screen. Money money money....MONEY!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.