Finder Resetting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16 GHz
I'm having a little trouble with my finder. Every once in awhile when I right click my finder seems to reset itself. My desktop icons disappear and any folders that I have open at the time close. The icons reappear after a few seconds, but then I have to go and reopen all of the folders I had open. Otherwise it seems fine, but it is really frustrating.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

MacHeadCase

Go to your user account, then navigate to Library ---> Preferences ---> com.apple.finder.plist I think it's called (not on my Tiger iMac right now but on a Panther machine). This is the pref file for the Finder. Just drag it to the trash (don't empty the trash yet), restart and see if that doesn't fix the problem. The Finder's pref file will create itself again. If all is well, you can empty the trash.

OP
Follow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16 GHz
Go to your user account, then navigate to Library ---> Preferences ---> com.apple.finder.plist I think it's called (not on my Tiger iMac right now but on a Panther machine). This is the pref file for the Finder. Just drag it to the trash (don't empty the trash yet), restart and see if that doesn't fix the problem. The Finder's pref file will create itself again. If all is well, you can empty the trash.

I just tried that and it still keeps resetting. :(

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Haven't tried the .plist thing but it seems that it doesn't work. Can anyone help us out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.