Staying Connected to a Share Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
Hi all,

I did some searching, but could net really find the answer i was looking for. I recenlty just set up a home network with my old game pc as the core share drive. Now i have no problem connecting to it and writing to it, the problem comes with staying connected to it. Is there a way to set up the network or the share drive so that everytime i enter the network the sharedrive automaticaly connects. For example when i turn off my macbook pro and then turn it on, i have to go through and recoonnect manually.

Thanks ahead for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I have a network attached storage device which works fine from a windows PC, but from my Mac, I have to use its IP address rather than its name to connect, and I too can't seem to keep it connected (in windows, I just mapped a drive to it and made it persistant).

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did some searching, but could net really find the answer i was looking for. I recenlty just set up a home network with my old game pc as the core share drive. Now i have no problem connecting to it and writing to it, the problem comes with staying connected to it. Is there a way to set up the network or the share drive so that everytime i enter the network the sharedrive automaticaly connects. For example when i turn off my macbook pro and then turn it on, i have to go through and recoonnect manually.

Thanks ahead for any help.

G'day gomez1018 & welcome to Mac-Forums,

On your Mac, go to System Prefs>User Accounts>YourAccount (highlight it in the left pane), then click Login Items. If the padlock needs an Admin password, then enter it and in your Login Items, drag the mounted share icon right into the login items window.

Now whenever you start up your mac the shares will auto mount as long as the PC is turned on of course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Woohoo!

Thank you! :)

OP
gomez1018
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
right on. THank you so much. ANd thank you for welcoming me to such a great community of people.

Reaction score
I tried this, but they didn't pop back on the desktop when I rebooted.

Do the login passwords or accounts have to be the same on both machines?

OP
gomez1018
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, but u have to save the lgon info in you keychain for the share drive. Or at least thats what i did and it worked for me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.