Memory spec/info...

pod

Reaction score
I have a 'mid 2005' model G4 iBook - 12 inch screen - 1.33mhz - 512mb ram. I want more memory. Will I notice a great difference between adding either 512mb or 1gb to my machine? Is the following info all I need spec-wise to ensure I get the right kind of memory? Thanks

DDR/333 200 Pin PC2700 SO-DIMM (either 512mb or 1gb)

Reaction score
Go for the 1 Gb module, you only have one socket in that machine - if you put in the 512, then you'd have to pull it out to go to the 1 Gb later. Ultimately having more RAM will pay off.

The PC2700 specification is correct as far as it goes, however it is best to choose a reputable dealer who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model iBook, has a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return for replacement or refund if it doesn't work
(unlike some major discounters who don't guarantee compatibility and then stick you for shipping and restocking if you want a refund)

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.