From 5200 mAh to 1579 mAh in less than a month?

Reaction score
Hello, im a newbie around macs, I just bought mine 3 weeks ago, and Im having problems with my battery, at first it always says Calculating until full, so I got coconutbattery, then I saw my Original Battery Capacity is 5200 mAh, and my current battery capacity was 1579, that's 30% and I think there's a problem with my battery. Anyone experienced same problems? Should I get my battery changed? or is it a bug in coconutbattery? sorry for the newbie questions, thanks for anyone who'll help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Have you ever calibrated the battery? Fully discharge it, and then charge it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes I've calibrated my battery a couple of times already, my macbook has just 10 Battery loadcycles. I think 1579 mah over 5200 mah is quite low.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'd call Apple and see what they say then.

Reaction score
Asking this not because I think you're dumb but because, well, some people are dumb: does it say your current battery charge is 1579 (first section reported in coconutBattery), or does it say your current battery capacity is 1579 (second section reported in coconutBattery)?

If it's the charge then just plug your computer in until it's fully charged.

Assuming that's not it, yes, it sounds like you have a faulty battery. I'd call Apple or bring it into the nearest Apple store. They'll certainly replace a new battery showing such a low capacity. Hopefully, that's all it is.

OP
N
Reaction score
Asking this not because I think you're dumb but because, well, some people are dumb: does it say your current battery charge is 1579 (first section reported in coconutBattery), or does it say your current battery capacity is 1579 (second section reported in coconutBattery)?

If it's the charge then just plug your computer in until it's fully charged.

Assuming that's not it, yes, it sounds like you have a faulty battery. I'd call Apple or bring it into the nearest Apple store. They'll certainly replace a new battery showing such a low capacity. Hopefully, that's all it is.

It's the battery capacity Todd, ill probably call Apple, this is not normal, my battery life last for like an hour. Ugh.

Reaction score
newtomacs -- Yup, there is no reason I can think of that a properly maintained battery should drop that far that fast. I'm sure Apple will stand behind it and put things right. Good luck!

OP
N
Reaction score
newtomacs -- Yup, there is no reason I can think of that a properly maintained battery should drop that far that fast. I'm sure Apple will stand behind it and put things right. Good luck!

thanks for all the help :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.