how to run MAC OS X? HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hello people!

Let me introduce my self... I am currently a Windows XP User (been using windows for almost half of my life) and a Linux user (using it for about a year now). After a while, of using these operating systems, i decided to try MAC OS X one day on one of my friends computer. I have to say i fell in love with it. I am a computer engineering student, and for one of my projects i had to built a computer from scratch... I had to buy all the components and build it. The problem is that i had t build a Windows compatible computer. I am tired of windows. My question is... is it possible to buy certain components that will run MAC OS X on my computer? I don't want an emulator, i want a fully loaded MAC OS X on my computer just as if I buy a mac from apple.com. I don't mind replacing some of my current hardware if I have too. Even if that means replacing the motherboard and the CPU. Please, if any of you out there can inform me on how to do this, please, teach me. I will appreciate it SO MUCH. Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Well AFAIK, you can't do this .... sorry albertly (Welcome to Mac-Forums BTW) ... You could buy an older Mac and have a look at the insides to see how it all goes together and upgrade it to OS X ... but it's against the EULA to do what I think you're hinting at ....

Stick around though, and see what others have to say about this .... it might be worth your while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.