The Terminal Window

Reaction score
dont think this can be classed as a beginner option, but as im new to OS X and not sure on this, its s good a place as any :bone:

Basically, all i want to do is to change the appearance of m terminal window. I read somewhere to do this i need Apple Development Tools installed and also something called Terminal Palette (never heard if it before)

Could anyone add to this and point me in the right direction. Th standard window is kind of boring for my liking :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Visor from Blacktree (the makers of Quicksilver) might be something you'd like...

http://docs.blacktree.com/visor/visor

You can also change the colors/transparency by

Terminal ---> Windows---> Select "Colors" from the drop-down menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
My terminal is set for green text on black. Sometimes blue text on black. All available using the Colors prefrerence previously mentioned.

You don't need the developer tools.

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for the swift replies. In the tutorial im viewing the article writer made his terminal window appear as an LCD screen and such. its those types of effects im after

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You can make LOTS of changes to appearance. Start Terminal.app. Right click anywhere in the window (or CTL-click), and select Window Settings. You can change almost everything about the window appearance here, and then make it permanent so that all future startups of Terminal.app will use the new settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
As mac57 stated, you don't need anything in addition to the terminal itself to make appearance changes. For example, by simply using the options within itself, I've changed my terminal's coloring and translucency.

Picture2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
How did you get the coloured buttons in Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll echo Alexis' question - how did you get the colored buttons in Safari? Looks good, I'd like to do it myself. Likely an extension of some sort?

MacHeadCase, is this one of your PimpMySafari items maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I don't know how to get colored buttons in Safari, what you are looking at is Shiira :). It is based on Safari and is intended to give the user a better browser but still give it a very OSXish (and Safariish) feel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I certainly don't want to start another "which is the best browser?" thread, but I have to ask - why Shiira? Could you enumerate a few key advantages of it over Safari, since being better than Safari is its stated objective? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.