unplugged without ejecting

Reaction score
i was restoring old ipod firmware but my ipod wasn't responding. i decided to unplug it and right at the last second the apple logo came on but i was already unplugging it and i didnt react quick enough. now my ipod (video) won't turn on. i tried to hold menu and select and all those reset steps. should i just wait until the battery drains? or is it dead forever? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Did you try hooking it back up to the Mac? Does the Mac recognise it at all?

GWR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D - PB G4 - iBook G4 - iMac G3 DV SE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
yeah i toggled it a few times already it still had no response.

you did a reset? you PUSHED and HELD the middle button and the menu button AT THE SAME TIME for 10 seconds? this may take a few trys. It also works best if hooked to power..

OP
P
Reaction score
yes. i did all those steps. i also didn't touch it for over 24 hours and it's still not working. i plugged it in and tried to hold the buttons again. i think it's dead.

OP
P
Reaction score
it's an ipod video. yeah i've tried the 5 Rs. it's not the computer it's the ipod. i tried plugging it into my ihome as well as my computer and it's still unresponsive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.