Copy images from web page into PowerPoint

Reaction score
My wife, who teaches Art History, just switched from XP. She's got a C2D Macbook with Office 2004, and is having difficulty copying images directly from webpages into her PowerPoint presentations. In XP, she would right-click the desired image on a web page, select "Copy", and then she'd switch to her presentation and just Ctrl-V to drop it on to her slide. Using Firefox on OS X, she can't find a way to get an image from a web page on to her slide without first saving the image file on the HD. So basically it amounts to an extra step. It seems trivial, but if we can't find a way to make this process as easy for her in OS X as it was for her in XP, she might make me send back her Macbook and buy her a new XP laptop instead. I know, this is a terrible thought, so someone please help us quick! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Click and drag the picture from Firefox directly to the Powerpoint page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Click and drag the picture from Firefox directly to the Powerpoint page

Yes, that's definitely the simplest and most logical way.

But for whatever it's worth, what your describing (right click, copy, switch to PowerPoint, paste) should work exactly the same way on the Mac, so long as you have "right"-clicking enabled on your trackpad. (It's in System Preferences; you put two fingers on the trackpad and click.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.