help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well im not sure where to put this so if i post it wrong plz let a mod move it to the right spot...........thanks.......

well here it goes i bout this ibook g4 from a dude in the street and i am gussing
he took it from a school pc it got 3 log ins docsomething and then student and then techer i will like to know how can i format it and put in os x if i can its a ibook 12.1 1.2ghz 512/30/combo/apx- i do got a mac os x cd version 10.0 in hand and i did try to do the c thing at start up and no luck anyhelp is welcome and thanks

ps this is my frist mac

Reaction score
You can't just pop in any random CD. To reinstall OS X, you need the original disc, or a disc that's made for iBook G4. I believe the iBook G4, when released, already was in the panther era (anyone correct me here).. so you need at least OS 10.3 - which will be on that original disc.

BTW, punctuation marks are your friend.

M

MacHeadCase

By buying this from this guy:

1- you just encouraged theft

2- if the school reports the laptop as stolen, you won't be able to take it anywhere to get it fixed as it will be on a list

3- never buy a Mac without its install disks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Illegal activity is not allowed here.

Good bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.