Icon Thumbnails

Reaction score
Edge of the Cotswold (Just next to Liz's Gaff!!!)
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2gb, 250gb HD
Hi,

Is there a way to make folders on a Mac show there content? In Windows when you look at a folder you can see the images that are within the folder - bit like a thumbnail view?

This would certainly be handy for seeing a snapshot of pictures, rather than having to open iphoto all the time?

I'm sure its here, but I just have not figured out how to do it!

Thanks in advance

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
This is one option:

First double click on your HDD icon. in the HDD window at the bottom left there should be a pictures tab double click that. At the top left of the HDD window there should be tow arrows a left followed by a right. Next to that there should be three more boxes. One with four small squares, one with four horizontal lines, and one with three vertical rectangles. Click on the one with the three vertical rectangles. From there click on iphoto library. From there you should be able to figure it out.. ill post some pictures below..

ishot1dz7.jpg

ishot2mq4.jpg

ishot3fk3.jpg

ishot4az8.jpg

ishot5ni4.jpg

Reaction score
The finder folders have three different views to choose from which can be chosen by the icons next to the back and forward buttons at the top of a window. The first one is an icon view which can be changed by clicking on finder in the dock, click on view in the top menu and then go down to 'Show view options'. You can then change the icon size and set every folder or just one folder to 'show icon preview' . You should now have a view of the pictures in the folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hi,

Is there a way to make folders on a Mac show there content? In Windows when you look at a folder you can see the images that are within the folder - bit like a thumbnail view?

This would certainly be handy for seeing a snapshot of pictures, rather than having to open iphoto all the time?

I'm sure its here, but I just have not figured out how to do it!

Thanks in advance

Rich

I am just curious, what type of Mac do you have?

OP
celtictricky
Reaction score
Edge of the Cotswold (Just next to Liz's Gaff!!!)
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2gb, 250gb HD
is it safe to say you got it all figured out?

I think so - certainly the pictures I can now see which is handy.

What I wanted to see for a thumbnail for the icon instead of the folder style icon. Maybe I just need to play a little harder :)

Thanks for you help though - its appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.