realaudio-plugin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Just bought a MacBook (black) last December and am new to macintosh. I went to CBS.com to watch their free TV programs but the video stream can't be opened. The message below appears.

The page “CBS.com - Innertube” has content of MIME type “audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

I have downloaded Real Player 10.1 for OS X but is still doesn't work. Does anyone has any advice?

Many thanks ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Have you configured the RealPlayer app? After you actually download and install it, you have to quit all of your browsers and then configure the player.
Then when you go back to the site, you should be able to view the shows.
I was able to view the shows in both Firefox and Safari.

what browser are you using?

Reaction score
Have you configured the RealPlayer app? After you actually download and install it, you have to quit all of your browsers and then configure the player.
Then when you go back to the site, you should be able to view the shows.
I was able to view the shows in both Firefox and Safari.

what browser are you using?

Like he said...

If you open Realplayer, select Preferences, Media Types, and then make sure AVI is checked, you should be okay.

Make sure the high-quality option is set when it suggests, although I still only get the choice of a very small sharp screen, or a very blurry full-screen option.

OP
hagios1972
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks heaps for both your responses. I use Safari as browser.

OP
hagios1972
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is working now ... only to find out that it cannot be accessed outside of the US. I am in New Zealand. Thanks again for you help.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.