any Adium users? need some help.

Reaction score
I installed Adium went to bring up our AIM account. I've triple checked our user name and password. Adium insists it isn't a registered AIM user name.

has anyone else had this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
No the only problem I have Adium is the updating of the information (eg. Profile Pic, Status, etc) although that seems to be alright of late.

If you can't get any help from other people the only thing I could suggest would be re-installing it. Also it might be worth checking out their forums to see if people have posted similar problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I had this problem. It has something to do with the Keychain. I couldn't figure out how to fix it for the life of me, even after posting on the Adium help boards.

I ended up using iChat until I missed Adium so much that I changed my screenname.

What's important is that everytime you update and Adium asks you about passwords in the keychain, make sure you "change all."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.