Hmm..that's odd

T

todd51

I wanted to watch Saving Private Ryan on DVD in my MBP a couple minutes ago and it wouldnn't even load. Finder didn't even recognize the DVD. I tried ejecting it, but it would even do that and I could hear it spinning. After a little while I decided to pop it in my parents Windows machine and it came right up...what gives?

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I forget which DVD it was. The DVD would work in other players and other DVDs would work in the MBP.

OP
T

todd51

The DVD is quite old so I'm thinking there's just a certain tolerance level with the amount of scratches and smears.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I'd suggest you Repair Permissions.

Seriously. This is one issue that a permissions repair might actually fix; something about the permissions for the part of OS X that's responsible for the native DVD filesystem getting munged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Had the same problem, under system preferences choose CD's & DVD's, The bottom option is "When you insert a Video DVD" Choose open DVD Player.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Same problem with the peep show.

OP
T

todd51

My drive seems to be working with every other movie I'm spitting in it, so I'm just not going to worry about it anymore, thanks anyways guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.