Big problem.....

A

agb242

My powerbook will not start up with the a/c adapter. I thought the one I had died. I bought a new and nothing. I can hear it power on. It will boot up fine from the battery. Anyone have this problem before....

OP
S

StarManta

Maybe your settings for brightness/screen are different for when you're plugged in? Just a guess. Try turning up your brightness when you boot off the power cord.

OP
A

agb242

Here is what happened

I was watching a movie and it just shutoff. I pulled the battery out and put it back and the computer started. Booted up checked my email all was fine. Tried the power supply nothing. the green light came on from the power adapter then turned to orange. I read that there was a reset switch for the power manager yet to find that.

OP
A

agb242

Power supply

I took the batter out and just have the power supply on. The green light stays on but it will not start up. I am not sure what to do now. There isn't a warranty because I bought it used.

OP
A

agb242

Its funny....

I was on that website when you posted. Still no. Starts off the battery without a hitch. I don't get it. I am very frustrated about this. I was have such a great time too. I don't know what to do. I just wasted a ton of dough on this thing. I guess I will keep searching and try different things. I just don't understand how it runs off the battery and not the power supply. I guess the new supply could be bad too. The funny thing is I can hear what I think is the processor running. I don't know. Maybe I will let it sit for one or two nights plugged in. Thank you for help.

OP
S

StarManta

You may want to try taking it into the Apple Store, warranty or no. If it's just advice they would probably help you. If it needs repair you might send it somewhere like MacResQ.

OP
A

agb242

Thank you.

I am going to see if I can take to the apple store. Wel, my switch has been good and bad.

OP
A

agb242

You will never believe

If I stick the power supply just a little ways in it works. What the heck. It works so that's all that matters for now.

OP
A

agb242

I was wrong...

Nope. It was running off the battery. Apple Store had the same problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.